Designed Travel Transit
For long-distance road trips, Forest Lake, Minnesota-based Waldoch Crafts and 3dCarbon and Air Design of Newport Beach, California, customized a long-wheelbase, medium-roof Transit with a solid hickory wood floor and four reclining captain’s chairs with heating, cooling and massage functions, along with power headrests.
“The larger platform of Transit gives us room for creativity,” said Ernie Bunnell, vice president of sales for 3dCarbon and Air Design. “Transit provided us with a lot of capability, so we were able to include more technical features than the average conversion.”
Other features of the Designed Travel Transit include:
• Integrated front bumper with air dam and fog lamps
• Side skirts and lower rear skirt with integrated trailer hitch cover
• 20-inch wheels and tires
• Rear seat with fold-down sofa
• Tablet control system
• 4K ultra-high-definition 50-inch TV
• LED interior lighting
• Backup camera with 360-degree capability
Vehicle shown with available and aftermarket equipment.