FTE Member Builds Badass Ford Excursion
The Ford Truck Enthusiasts forums strike again and offer up one super sweet Excursion build. Watch as this big ‘ute comes together before your eyes!
It’s no secret that we here at Ford Truck Enthusiasts love the Ford Excursion. The “King of SUVs” quite simply has it all – a heavy duty base, massive amounts of interior and cargo space, and a bevy of powerful drivetrains. Why buy some kind of fake crossover when you can have a real truck like the Excursion? Well, we won’t get into why other people settle for soft roaders. What we will do, however, is shine a light on FTE member JimEx and his super sweet Excursion build!
“After about 10 months of owning this 2002 V-10 Excursion, I have decided to officially join FTE. I have quietly learned so much from this forum and wanted to share my progress. Here is what I have done beyond the normal maintenance of a used vehicle.
1. Grill swap
2. Mirror swap
3. Interior LED swap
4. Manual switch of interior lights.
5. BDS 6″ all sprint lift
6. Moto Metal MO990 17×9 wheels
7. Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35×12.50 R17 tires
8. DB Electric 220 Amp alternator with Big 4 wire upgrade
9. Added AUX battery with Blue Sea Systems auto charging relay
My wish list right now includes:
1. Complete F-650 dash install with custom fuse block and relays for future electronics.
2. Front bumper with winch.
3. Rear bumper with tire carrier.
4. Additional exterior lighting.
5. Front and rear selectable lockers with re-gearing.
6. Maybe Dana 60 front to go along with above.
Plenty more I suppose.”
Pretty solid start, we’d say. And thankfully, it doesn’t sound like this is going to be some sort of glorified mall crawler, either.
“I do plan on taking it off-road. Hopefully just beaches and moderate trails. With the weight of the Excursion, I feel like I wouldn’t be able to count on my buddies to pull me out. My thought on the best recovery method is to not get stuck in the first place.”