Ford Bringing STX-y Back with New F-150 and Super Duty Trims
Are you in the market for a new Ford F-150 or Super Duty, and want something a bit nicer than the XL base trim, but don’t won’t to go full-hog into the XLT trim? Ford has you covered with their all-new STX trim for the Super Duty and F-150.
To skip over all the “value-added” marketing speak, the STX gives you things you probably want on your truck in one convenient package. Let’s face it, the XL base trucks can be a bit spartan — yes I know a lot of you like it that way — so this gives you a way to spruce up the truck without getting crazy with the options list.
On the F-150, the STX can be added to any SuperCab or SuperCrew configuration with the 2.7L EcoBoost, the 5.0L V8, or the 3.5L EcoBoost. It adds;
- 20-inch machined-aluminum wheels with dark gray painted pockets
- Black billet-style grille with body-color surround and black mesh insert
- Body-color front fascia and front and rear bumpers
- SYNC® 3 with 8-inch center stack touch screen and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto™
- Privacy glass
- Unique black sport cloth seats with Flow-through Console and steering column-mounted shifter
- STX Sport Box decal
- Fog lamps
- Manual driver and passenger lumbar support
The F-150 STX starts at $35,615. What’s cool about the SYNC 3 add-on is that you get Android Auto or Apple Car Play without having to pay extra for Ford’s navigation system. You’re going to use your phone anyway, so why have to pay the $795 for the navigation SD card?
The Super Duty’s STX package is a little bit different. It features;
- Bright chrome grille
- Chrome front and rear step bumpers
- STX fender vent badge
- Unique aluminum wheels
- Steering wheel-mounted cruise control
- Bright hub covers (SRW only)
- AM/FM stereo with single CD/MP3 player
The STX is available in all cab configurations on the Super Duty, and the F-250 STX starts at $34,910 and the F-350 STX starts at $36,080. You can order either of them starting today.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments below or over in our forums!