F-150 Owner’s Upgrades Divide a Community!
We think that this F-150 looks great, but not everyone loves the wheels.
Ford F-150 owners modify their trucks to better fit their tastes and needs, but most people wonder what other people think of their vehicles after they have been modified. Once such Ford truck owner on Reddit recently shared before and after pictures of his 12th generation F-Series pickup, asking the community to share their thoughts on his changes. The upgrades are common and fairly simple, but they go a long way in giving the truck a unique look.
When Redditor “frankieangione” first introduced the community to his Ford F-150, he did so by sharing the before and after pictures, followed by a mod list.
- 2″ Rough Country Leveling Kit
- Fuel Sledge 20×9 +20mm rims
- 32″ Firestone Destination LE2’s (I know they’re street tires, it’s tragic)
- Recon Smoked LED Tail lights & Third Brake Light
- Recon Raptor Grille Light-kit
Those items are all on the truck in the picture, while the following items were added since the more-recent picture was taken.
- Recon Smoked side view mirrors w/ led amber blinkers
- Resonator Delete / Flowmaster 40 series muffler / Flowmaster matte black ceramic tip
- D-ring shackle in tow-hitch
- Recon Led interior dome light kit (front and rear)
The Community Replies
The first person to reply was “cmdertx”, who doesn’t care for the new rollers:
“Definitely prefer the stock wheels, that’s for sure.”
While “CLWalrus” showed favor for the newer wheels on the F-150:
“I like the wheels. Compliments the grey better than the chrome”
Input Going Forward
In addition to those Redditors who provided their opinion on the upgrades, a few other community members offered advice for the F-150 owner as he goes forward.
“Stevelord8” recommended that the owner get an SCT X4 tuner with a custom tune and “JustTakingNames” advised the Ford truck owner to upgrade to an air bag suspension system.
In the long run, all that matters is that the owner is happy with his truck, but so far, the unique wheels are the only point of controversy.