2015 Ford Edge, Like F-150, Receives Top Safety Honors
Ford put to rest any questions about the safety of aluminum when they National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) awarded the 2015 F-150 an overall 5 Star safety rating on the new truck. Following up with that big win for the truck, the new 2015 Ford Edge also scored an overall 5 Star rating.
While overall crash safety might not be your number one concern when purchasing a new vehicle, it is probably high up on your list. Here’s how some of the Edge’s competition scored.
- 2015 Ford Edge – Overall: 5 Stars [Link]
- 2015 Jeep Cherokee – Overall: 4 Stars [Link]
- 2015 Honda CRV – Overall: 4 Stars [Link]
- 2015 Toyota RAV4 (Later Release) – Overall: 5 Stars [Link]
- 2016 Mazda CX-5 – Overall: 4 Stars [Link]
- View Other Crash Test Ratings [Link]
In addition to having just an overall safe vehicle, Ford has packed the Edge with accident avoidance technologies, including lane keeping, radar cruise, blind spot monitoring, and more. The 180° forward camera helps tremendously in low-speed maneuvers as well.
CHECK OUT: 5 Things We Learned Driving the Ford Edge Sport
If you’re looking for a good, safe vehicle to supplement the truck that’s in your garage, you have to look no further than the Blue Oval that you already know and love.
What do you think? Let us know in the forums!