2011 LINCOLN MKZ HYBRID: THE MOST FUEL-EFFICIENT LUXURY SEDAN IN AMERICA
New 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Click here to download related images.
- 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid is the most fuel-efficient luxury sedan in America, delivering 41 mpg in the city and topping its nearest competitor, the 2010 Lexus HS 250h, by 6 mpg
- Lincoln MKZ Hybrid also bests the Lexus HS 250h with room for one more passenger, enhanced interior quietness and more standard luxury and segment-exclusive safety features
- Lincoln MKZ Hybrid takes SmartGauge™ with EcoGuide technology to the next level, offering drivers enhanced positive feedback on long-term fuel efficiency and driving performance
- More standard luxury, technologies and segment-exclusive safety features in the new Lincoln MKZ Hybrid help it top its nearest competitor, the 2010 Lexus HS 250h
- SmartGauge with EcoGuide – Ford’s highly successful interactive technology provides real-time information to help drivers maximize fuel efficiency, and coaches drivers on how to optimize hybrid performance.
Lincoln takes SmartGauge to the next level of engagement by giving drivers enhanced positive feedback on long-term fuel efficiency and driving performance through the growth of virtual small flowers on the system’s right-most screen. Lincoln’s white flowers, inspired by apple blossoms, remain permanently unless long-term fuel economy is reset.
By the time the driver earns all five full flowers, he or she could save almost 200 gallons of gas, two tons of CO2 and $544 compared to a regular gasoline-powered midsize luxury sedan. (Figures are based on 9,800 miles, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid’s EPA-certified 39 combined mpg versus competitors’ 22 combined mpg, and average cost of a gallon of gas per www.fueleconomy.gov. Actual mileage will vary.)
- Lincoln SYNC® – The Lincoln-exclusive voice-activated communications and entertainment system provides an omnipresent link to contacts and information. In addition to Bluetooth® phone, audible text and MP3 player capabilities, Lincoln customers also can access Vehicle Health Report and 911 Assist™.
- 10-way power passenger seat – The seat is designed to accommodate a diverse group of passengers. Memory functions enable passengers to fine-tune and recall positions.
- Power driver memory seat settings – The driver seat memory feature helps ensure personal seating preferences anytime, with the touch of a button.
- Heated and cooled front seats – This uniquely engineered system delivers exceptional heating and cooling comfort.
- Genuine wood trim – In addition to their exquisite appearance, the Swirl Walnut and Olive Ash wood trims offered in the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid are eco-friendly as well. The veneers come from well-managed forests, as defined by strict environmental, social and economic standards, and from other rigorously controlled sources.
- Bridge of Weir™ leather-trimmed seats – The world-renowned luxury leather from Scotland is unembossed, allowing the natural beauty and character of the grain to shine through. The leather is milled for up to 12 hours to ensure a buttery, soft hand, and Bridge of Weir uses a chromium-free tanning process, which makes it easier to recycle.
- Reverse Sensing System – This system senses what drivers might not see behind them and relays an audible alert if objects are near, which increases in frequency the closer a driver gets.
- Keyless entry keypad – This Lincoln-exclusive feature provides secure entry at a driver’s fingertips. A personal combination holds a memory for driver preferences. So if an owner is out for a run and doesn’t want to take the keys along, the vehicle can be opened with the touch of a few buttons.
- Easy Fuel® (capless fuel filler) – This Lincoln-exclusive feature uses an integrated spring-loaded flapper door to eliminate the need for a fuel tank screw cap. That means no more fumbling to remove and tighten the cap and less fuel odor on a driver’s hands.
- Personal Safety System™ – A Lincoln-exclusive suite of seven protection technologies that work together as a system to help protect vehicle occupants. The system includes dual-stage front airbags and an occupant classification system to sense whether the passenger seat is occupied. It tailors – or suppresses – airbag deployment to help provide an appropriate level of protection. It also features the Ford Belt-Minder® system to remind front seat occupants to buckle up.
- MyKey® – This Lincoln-exclusive feature allows parents to program a key to limit speed and audio volume to encourage teens to drive safer and improve fuel efficiency. It also encourages seat belt use, provides earlier low-fuel warnings, and can be programmed to sound chimes at 45, 55 and 65 mph.
- Integrated spotter mirrors – The traditional sideview mirrors are designed with a secondary convex spotter mirror in the top outer corner, which provides a view of the driver’s blind spot. When traffic enters the driver’s blind spot on either side of the vehicle, it is visible in the secondary convex mirror, alerting the driver of obstacles.
- Acoustic laminated windshield – This windshield features a layer of sound-absorbent vinyl sandwiched between two sheets of glass, which enhances interior quietness.
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 159,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford, Lincoln and Mercury, production of which has been announced by the company to be ending in the fourth quarter of 2010. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.