From: owner-pre48-list-digestford-trucks.com (pre48-list-digest)
To: pre48-list-digestford-trucks.com
Subject: pre48-list-digest V2 #67
Reply-To: pre61-listford-trucks.com
Sender: owner-pre48-list-digestford-trucks.com
Errors-To: owner-pre48-list-digestford-trucks.com
Precedence: bulk


pre48-list-digest Thursday, July 29 1999 Volume 02 : Number 067



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1947 and Older trucks and vans
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomoford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe pre47-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

FTE Pre48 - 46 front fenders
Re: FTE Pre48 - 46 front fenders
FTE Pre48 - Glass for 47
Re: FTE Pre48 - Glass for 47
Re: FTE Pre48 - Glass for 47
Re: FTE Pre48 - 46 front fenders
Re: FTE Pre48 - 46 front fenders

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:58:57 -0500
From: Chris Chambers
Subject: FTE Pre48 - 46 front fenders

Hey guys!
Does anyone know if the front fenders on a 46 1/2 ton will work on a
1-1/2 ton?
Thanks
- -Chris

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 14:14:25 -0500
From: Jeff Hazewinkel
Subject: Re: FTE Pre48 - 46 front fenders

I do not believe the fenders from the 1/2 ton truck will be large enough
for the 1- 1/2 ton. As I was working on my 47 1 ton I noticed that there
was a size difference in the fender of larger 47 parts trucks I found. I
know where there are a pair of restorable fenders in West Michigan from a
1- 1/2 ton truck if you are in that area.

Jeff

Chris Chambers wrote:

> Hey guys!
> Does anyone know if the front fenders on a 46 1/2 ton will work on a
> 1-1/2 ton?
> Thanks
> -Chris
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 16:49:04 -0500
From: Jeff Hazewinkel
Subject: FTE Pre48 - Glass for 47

I am going to order complete replacement glass for my 47 truck in the
next day or so. I have talked to a couple of local glass shops and to a
couple of places that advertise in Hemmings.

I have more confidence that the mail order glass will fit better and the
price is actually less than the local shop. Does anyone have any
experience with mail ordering glass ?

Jeff

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 19:10:28 -0400
From: "Thomas J. Teixeira"
Subject: Re: FTE Pre48 - Glass for 47

At 04:49 PM 7/28/1999 -0500, Jeff Hazewinkel wrote:
>I am going to order complete replacement glass for my 47 truck in the
>next day or so. I have talked to a couple of local glass shops and to a
>couple of places that advertise in Hemmings.
>
>I have more confidence that the mail order glass will fit better and the
>price is actually less than the local shop. Does anyone have any
>experience with mail ordering glass ?

I ordered a side window for my '37 pickup from Early Ford V8
(http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.earlyford.com) last year to replace a cracked one. It came well
padded in a large box and fit fine.

Tom Teixeira '35 pickup http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://world.std.com/~tjt/35Pickup.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 19:56:26 -0400
From: "Joe Michels"
Subject: Re: FTE Pre48 - Glass for 47

Jeff-- I ordered all of my glass for my 52 F1 locally. I found a shop that
had all of the old patterns and was cheaper than having it shipped in from a
parts jobber. Actually, it was substantially cheaper to have it done
locally. If you are in the Albuquerque, NM area, I will give you the name of
the shop!!!

Joebob
- ----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Hazewinkel
To:
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 1999 5:49 PM
Subject: FTE Pre48 - Glass for 47


> I am going to order complete replacement glass for my 47 truck in the
> next day or so. I have talked to a couple of local glass shops and to a
> couple of places that advertise in Hemmings.
>
> I have more confidence that the mail order glass will fit better and the
> price is actually less than the local shop. Does anyone have any
> experience with mail ordering glass ?
>
> Jeff
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 22:01:54 -0500
From: "Jon F. Grossardt"
Subject: Re: FTE Pre48 - 46 front fenders

Chris,

I have a set of '47 1 1/2 ton fenders if you are interested.

Jon Grossardt
S.E. Minnesota

Jeff Hazewinkel wrote:

> I do not believe the fenders from the 1/2 ton truck will be large enough
> for the 1- 1/2 ton. As I was working on my 47 1 ton I noticed that there
> was a size difference in the fender of larger 47 parts trucks I found. I
> know where there are a pair of restorable fenders in West Michigan from a
> 1- 1/2 ton truck if you are in that area.
>
> Jeff
>
> Chris Chambers wrote:
>
> > Hey guys!
> > Does anyone know if the front fenders on a 46 1/2 ton will work on a
> > 1-1/2 ton?
> > Thanks
> > -Chris
> >
> > == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

- --
MZÁ


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 02:21:55 EDT
From: GILASAILRaol.com
Subject: Re: FTE Pre48 - 46 front fenders

Jon, Have asked you about 47 grille bars???
I am in need of a very good set to complete the 'parts rodeo' on my panel
truck.
Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Gary Oberbeck
47 1/2t panel
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

End of pre48-list-digest V2 #67
*******************************

+- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1947 and Older trucks and vans -----------+
| Send posts to pre48-listford-trucks.com, |
| List removal information is on the web site. |
+---------- Visit Our Web Site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/ ----------+ ENDTAG; } ?>