Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: January 10, 2011|
2008-2010 F-250, F-350
This article supersedes TSB 10-25-8 to update the Part List.
Some 2009-2010 Mustang vehicles equipped with 4.0L engine and built on or before 2/9/2010, may exhibit a malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) illumination with diagnostic trouble code (DTCs) P0607.
Some 2008-2010 F-Super Duty 250-350 vehicles equipped with 5.4L and 6.8L engines and may exhibit any of the following symptoms: Audible noise or rattle from the Catalytic Convertors, Lacks power and MIL illumination with one or more the following DTCs: P0420, P0430, P0148, P0191, P0607 or P061B.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
This article applies if DTC P0607 is present.
- Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 69.02 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2010.9 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
F-Super Duty 250/350
This service update was previously addressed by Customer Satisfaction Program 10M05 for all United States, Canada and should not be submitted as a warranty claim.
- Is the vehicle an F-Super Duty 250-350 Chassis Cab, equipped with a 6.8L engine?
- No – Go to Step 2.
- Yes – Perform the following:
- If 2008 F-Super Duty 250-350 Chassis Cab, equipped with a 6.8L engine and has DTC P0607 or P061B, Go to Step 4.
- If 2008 F-Super Duty 250-350 Chassis Cab, equipped with a 6.8L engine and has any other DTC, continue with normal diagnostics.
- If 2009-2010 F-Super Duty 250-350 Chassis Cab, equipped with a 6.8L engine and has DTCs P0607 or P061B, this procedure does not apply, continue with normal diagnostics.
- If an audible noise or rattle concern from the Catalytic Converters, replace the exhaust catalyst y-pipe. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 309-00.
- Using IDS retrieve DTCs.
- If P0420 or P0430 are present or pending, replace the exhaust catalyst y-pipe. Refer to WSM, Section 309-00. Continue to Step 4.
- If DTCs P0420 or P0430 are not present or pending, refer to WSM or Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis Manual for normal diagnostics.
- Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 69.02 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2010.9 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com
Please advise the customer that this vehicle is equipped with an adaptive transmission shift strategy which allows the vehicle's computer to learn the transmission's unique parameters and improve shift quality. When the adaptive strategy is reset, the computer will begin a re-learning process. This re-learning process may result in firmer than normal upshifts and downshifts for several days.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|8C3Z-5F250-J||Catalyst Y-Pipe (2008 49 State Emmission 5.4L Pick-up & Chassisis Cab/2008 50 State Emissions 5.4L Chassis Cab above 10,000 GVW/2008 49 State Emissions 6.8L)|
|8C3Z-5F250-K||Catalyst Y-Pipe (2008 50 State Emissions 5.4L Pick-up/2008 50 State Emissions 5.4L Chassis Cab below 10,000 GVW/2008 50 State Emissions 6.8L)|
|9C3Z-5F250-E||Catalyst Y-Pipe (2009 All Configurations/2010 5.4L Pick-up and Chassis Cab w/ ZF 6 Speed Transmission/6.8L All Configurations)|
|AC3Z-5F250-D||Catalyst Y-Pipe (2010 5.4L Pick-up and Chassis Cab w/ Automatic Transmission or Tremec 5 Speed Transmission)|
|W705443-S900||Nuts (1 Package of 4 nuts)|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|110103A||2009-2010 Mustang 4.0L: Check DTCs And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.3 Hr.|
|110103A||2008-2010 F-Super Duty 5.4L 3V 6.8L 3V: Check DTCs And Reprogram The PCM/TCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.3 Hr.|
|110103B||2008-2010 F-Super Duty 5.4L 3V 6.8L 3V Mexico Market Vehicles Only: Check DTCs And Reprogram The PCM/TCM And Replace The Catalytic Convertor (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||1.5 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by “do-it-yourselfers”. Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article. The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates. The most recent information is available through Ford Motor Company's on-line technical resources.
Copyright © 2011 Ford Motor Company