Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: NOVEMBER 27, 2001|
|2001 ESCAPE, EXPLORER SPORT TRAC, EXPLORER SPORT, F-150, RANGER, SUPER DUTY F SERIES, F-650, F-750|
Some vehicles may exhibit a condition of not being able to disengage clutch as the clutch pedal is stroked or the clutch pedal remains on floor. This may be caused by a roll pin that is loose or protruding and no longer securing the clutch hydraulic line to the Clutch Master Cylinder or External Slave Cylinder.
Check to insure clutch hydraulic line is connected to the Master Cylinder and External Slave Cylinder and the roll pin is not loose or protruding outside the cylinder body. Check for the proper amount of fluid in reservoir. If the hydraulic line is not connected to the Master Cylinder or External Slave Cylinder and no fluid is present in reservoir, refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
Use Service Kit part number 2C3Z-7C522-AA. Kit includes: 2 roll pins, 2 quad seals and 2 cotter pins.
|NOTE:||MASTER CYLINDERS AND EXTERNAL SLAVE CYLINDERS SHOULD BE SERVICED AT THE SAME TIME. VEHICLE LINES AFFECTED ARE ESCAPE, SUPER DUTY F-SERIES AND F650-750.|
|NOTE:||VEHICLE LINES EQUIPPED WITH AN INTERNAL CSC (CONCENTRIC SLAVE CYLINDER) REQUIRE ONLY THE MASTER CYLINDER TO BE SERVICED. VEHICLE LINES AFFECTED ARE EXPLORER SPORT TRAC, EXPLORER SPORT, RANGER AND F150.|
- Confirm if roll pin is dislodged at clutch hydraulic system Master Cylinder and/or External Slave Cylinder (see previous notes) and the hydraulic line is disconnected or leaking.
- If so, refer to Workshop Manual (Section 308) for instructions on removing Master Cylinder, External Slave Cylinder and system bleed procedure.
- Use an 1/8″ punch and small hammer to remove roll pin from Master Cylinder and External Slave Cylinder.
- Remove old quad seal from Master Cylinder and External Slave Cylinder.
- Install new quad seal in Master Cylinder and External Slave Cylinder.
- Reconnect hydraulic line and use a hammer to install a new roll pin at the Master Cylinder and External Slave Cylinder.
- Install a cotter pin through the center of each roll pin and secure (Master Cylinder and External Slave Cylinder).
- Refer to Workshop Manual (Section 308) for bleed procedure and reinstall.
LABOR OPERATION CLAIMING CHART Operation Labor Description Vehicle Time 012401A Replace seals and roll pins (includes time to remove and install clutch master and slave cylinders, bleed system and check operation) F250-750 –
012401B Replace seal and roll pin (includes time to remove and install clutch master cylinder, bleed system and check operation) Ranger, Explorer Sport Trac and Explorer Sport – 1.1
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|2C3Z-7C522-AA||Hydraulic Line Roll Pin Service Kit|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
Copyright © 2001 Ford Motor Company