Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: JANUARY 14, 2002|
|2000-2001 SUPER DUTY F SERIES|
Some Bi-Fuel vehicles may exhibit a No Start in alt fuel mode. This may be caused by an electrical failure of the solenoid tank valve coil due to corrosion. It is no longer necessary to replace the entire fuel tank assembly. The solenoid coil assembly is now available for service separately.
Follow normal diagnosis for No Start/Alt Fuel switch indicator ON then Off in section A/C in the Bi-fuel CNG/LPG PCED Manual. If normal diagnostics indicate that the solenoid tank valve requires replacement, replace the solenoid coil as required. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
For a Crank No Start condition in Alternate fuel fuel mode, with the Alt fuel switch indicator On then Off while cranking.
- Follow normal diagnostics in section AC of the Bi-Fuel LPG/CNG PC/ED Workshop Manual.
- If the Solenoid Tank valve is found to be out of the resistance specification in Step AC 7, replace the solenoid tank valve coil, 2000-2001 LPG Bi-Fuel F-350/450/550 Tank Valve Coil YC3Z-9C125-AA.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable per Ford 2000/2001 Truck Workshop Manual information, section 414-01 Electrical-Battery Mounting and Cables.
- Disconnect the tank valve electrical connector.
NOTE: FOR THE AFT TANK VALVE, REMOVE THE ACCESS COVER.
- Remove the small end bolt and coil harness assembly. Note the orientation of the coil for reference during installation of the new coil (Figure1).
- Wipe clean the solenoid plunger and install the new coil.
- Orient the coil and torque the bolts to 4-7 N-m (3-5 lb-ft).
- Connect the tank valve electrical connector.
NOTE: FOR THE AFT TANK VALVE, REINSTALL THE ACCESS COVER.
- Connect the battery ground cable per Ford 2000/2001 Truck Workshop Manual information, section 414-01 Electrical-Battery, Mounting and Cables.
- If No Start condition is still present continue with normal diagnostics in Section AC.
NOTE: IF THE TANK VALVE SOLENOID IS MECHANICALLY STUCK, THE LPG FUEL TANK WILL HAVE TO BE REPLACED.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|YC3Z-9C125-AA||Tank Valve Coil – LPG Bi-Fuel|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Figure 1 – Article 02-1-8
Copyright © 2002 Ford Motor Company