Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: November 6, 2013|
|2011-2014 F-Super Duty|
This article supersedes TSB 13-10-12 to update the Customer Information Sheet and Warranty Status.
Some 2011-2014 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 6.7L diesel engine that are primarily used in a stationary or off-highway type use may exhibit frequent exhaust regeneration attempts, Drive To Clean maintenance messages and/or the wrench light on with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P2463 for a restricted diesel particulate filter (DPF). The unique operational mode of these vehicles may not easily allow for normal exhaust regeneration and may benefit from OCR capability so the unit can perform regeneration in a stationary setting.
Refer to the Service Procedure Steps for additional details.
Reprogramming the Instrument Cluster (IC) and Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to enable this feature is not covered under the vehicle's warranty and is only available on vehicles equipped with a standard level IC.
- Check the vehicles build date.
- Vehicles built before 11/5/2010, proceed to Step 2.
- Vehicles built on or after 11/5/2010, proceed to Step 4.
- Reprogram the IC to the latest calibration using IDS release 71.03 and higher. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
- Reprogram the PCM and transmission control module (TCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 71.03 and higher. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
NOTE: PLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE'S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION'S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.
- Enable OCR by using IDS and following the procedure below:
- Select – Module Programming.
- Select – Programmable Parameters.
- Select – Personality.
- Select – Forced Regeneration Request.
- Select – Enable and follow the IDS screen prompts to complete programming.