Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: October 3, 2013|
2013-2014 Fusion, Taurus
2013-2014 Escape, F-250, F-350, F-450, Flex
|2013-2014 MKS, MKZ|
The article supersedes TSB 13-8-2 to update the Title, Issue Statement, Service Procedure and add a production fix date.
Some vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch/MyLincoln Touch and built on or before 8/15/2013 may exhibit concerns with navigation, voice recognition, call sound quality, phone pairing, clock, media, WiFi pass code entry, rear view camera guide lines and/or system performance.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to perform software update.
Run OASIS using the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and verify there are no open Service Actions. All Service Actions must be completed before attempting to perform this procedure.
Verify APIM Software Level
- Determine the vehicle's current Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) software level (CCPU S/W).
- On the Front Display Interface Module (FDIM), select Menu then select Help.
- Select System Information.
- Note the last five digits of the CCPU S/W Version.
- Are the last five digits 13171 or higher?
- Yes – this procedure does not apply. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 415-00 for normal diagnostics.
- No – proceed to the Software Download Procedure.
The software update is also directly available to the customer by going to support.ford.com and support.lincoln.com web sites.
Software Download Procedure
This TSB will update the Consumer Interface Processor (CIP) to the latest (BD)/(13171) suffix level/software version V3.6. The software requires a one-time software download onto a USB flash drive. The software may be loaded on one or multiple USB flash drives. The USB flash drive(s) can then be used to update multiple vehicles following the Vehicle Software Install procedure.
Minimum 2 gigabyte (GB) USB flash drive is required. USB flash drives previously provided for FSAs 11A02 and 11A03 are preferred for compatibility. Be sure to identify USB flash drives so the software level contained on the drive is known. This procedure will clear any saved data stored on the USB flash drive. Save any important data stored on the USB flash drive to another location prior to starting this procedure.
- If you previously performed this procedure on a different vehicle, and already have a USB flash drive loaded with this software update, proceed directly to the section for Vehicle Software Install.
- Format USB flash drive:
- Insert USB flash drive into computer.
- From Windows start button or desktop select My Computer.
- Right click on the USB drive/temporary disk.
- Select Format.
- Under File System select FAT32.
- Under Allocation Unit Size select Default allocation size.
- Under Format Options select Quick Format.
- Select Start to reformat.
- Select OK, for pop-up warning, Reformatting will erase all data stored on this disk.
- Close open pop-up windows once complete.
MyTouch Update V3.6/13171: V3.6/13171
- Click on the link provided to download the software update. A hard wired internet connection is recommended. A download pop-up will appear with selections to run, save, or cancel.
- Select Save.
- A Save-As pop-up window will appear with a file named Gen2v361build13171serviceNARev1.exe. Choose a folder on your computer to save the file temporarily.
- Select Save.
- When the download complete pop-up appears select Open folder.
- A file named Gen2v361build13171serviceNARev1.exe will be highlighted. Double click on the file.
- A download warning may appear, if so, agree to continue by choosing Yes, Ok, or Run.
- An extract pop-up window will appear. The extract destination to the USB flash drive will need to be selected. To browse for the USB flash drive, select the Button with three dots located to the right of the pop-up.
- Scroll down and select Computer.
- Select the USB drive/removable disk. USB flash drives previously provided for FSA 11A02 and 11A03 will be titled SYNC.
- Select Extract.
- Confirm USB flash drive contents. Select the USB flash drive located under My Computer. A folder named SyncMyRide and two files (autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.msa) will be present on the USB flash drive; it's now ready for the Vehicle Software Install procedure.
Vehicle Software Install
- This installation procedure may take up to 30 minutes.
- Remove any connected devices from the vehicle.
- Start engine. Engine must be running so the battery saver mode will not activate while performing this procedure.
- Place automatic transmission gear selector in Park. Manual transmission in neutral. Apply park brake on all vehicles.
- For vehicles equipped with Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS), this feature must be disabled through the left hand instrument cluster display to have uninterrupted reprogramming. Does the vehicle have AEIS?
- No – Proceed to Step 6.
- Yes – Perform the following.
- Select Settings.
- Select Vehicle.
- Locate the Auto Engine Off setting and select Off.
- Allow the system to boot up and the home screen to appear on the Front Display Interface Module (FDIM).
- Install the USB flash drive into one of the vehicle's media hub USB ports. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 415-00. The reprogramming procedure will start automatically.
- The installation procedure may cause the system to reboot several times and/or cause the screen to go dark/blank for a period of time. This is normal. The USB flash drive must remain installed at all times during programming.
- When programming is complete, Installation Complete will appear on the screen. Press Ok and remove the USB flash drive from the USB port.
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|131006A||Perform Reprogramming Of The APIM Using The USB Flash Drive (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.3|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|