Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: June 27, 2005|
|1999-2006 F-350, F-450, F-550|
This article supersedes TSB 05-11-7 to update the vehicle model years.
Some 1999-2006 vehicles equipped with the 6.0L or 7.3L diesel engine and a 40-gallon (151.4L) fuel tank behind the rear axle, may exhibit water in the fuel tank. This is due to snow and ice accumulating around the mushroom vent cap, melting, and being pulled into the tank through the mushroom cap.
Replace the mushroom cap with a vent line assembly kit. Refer to the following Service Procedure.
- Remove the existing mushroom cap installed on the vent port of the fuel tank and discard.
- Install the hose end of the new vent line assembly onto the vent port and secure with the PIA constant tension clamp.
- Route the new vent line assembly forward, on top of the tank, to the #5 crossmember, and under the fuel lines (Figure 1).
- Secure the end of the new vent line assembly to the crossmember with the tie strap, at the large circular hole in the middle of the vehicle.
- Install the new mushroom cap at the end of the vent line. Be sure the cap is positioned horizontally to prevent water from collecting in the cap.
Figure 1 – Article 05-13-15
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|