Technical Service Bulletins
6.7L DIESEL – LOSS OF POWER – AIR FILTER SNOW PACKING
|Publication Date: February 6, 2014|
|FORD:||2011-2014 F-Super Duty|
This article supersedes TSB 11-9-16 to update vehicle model years.
Some 2011-2014 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 6.7L engine may exhibit a loss of power due to snow packing in or around the engine air cleaner (ACL) when operated in extreme snow conditions or when equipped with a snow plow. This concern may result in diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P0299 and P1247. A low restriction secondary foam filter is now available to resolve this concern.
Follow the Service Procedure Steps to correct the condition.
- Remove the ACL cover and element. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-12.
- Clear any snow and/or ice from the ACL housing inlet.
- Remove and discard the foam ACL filter element.
- Install new low restriction secondary foam filter.
- Install the ACL element, cover and reset the restriction gauge. Refer to WSM, Section 303-12.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|BC3Z-9601-D||Secondary Foam Filter|
|140026A||2011-2014 F-Super Duty 6.7L: Check DTCs And Replace The Secondary Foam Filter Includes Time To Clear DTCs (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operation)||0.4 Hr.|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage.
Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|