Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: January 8, 2013|
|2011-2012 F-Super Duty|
This article supersedes TSB 12-9-4 to update the vehicle application and production fix date.
Some 2011-2012 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a TorqShift6 transmission, without power take off (PTO) unit built on or before 7/25/2012 and with PTO unit built on or before 9/30/2012, may exhibit an intermittent delayed transmission engagement in drive or reverse. The concern will only occur during the initial transmission engagement after the vehicle is parked with the engine off for a minimum of 2 to 3 hours. This concern may be caused by the transmission pump losing prime.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Check the vehicle build date and if equipped with a PTO unit.
- No PTO unit present:
- If the vehicle was built on or before 7/25/2012, proceed to Step 2.
- If the vehicle was built after 7/25/2012 this procedure does not apply.
- PTO unit present:
- If the vehicle was built on or before 9/30/2012, proceed to Step 2.
- If the vehicle was built after 9/30/2012 this procedure does not apply.
- No PTO unit present:
- Connect a transmission fluid pressure gauge to the line pressure tap. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01B.
- The line pressure tap is an M10 X 1.00 thread. Do not use a National Pipe Thread (NPT) fitting when installing a pressure gauge. If a NPT fitting is used, damage to the transmission case will occur.
- Park the vehicle for 3 to 4 hours with the engine off (same day).
- While monitoring the transmission fluid pressure gauge, firmly apply brake, start engine and immediately shift transmission selector lever to reverse. Was engagement delayed during which time the pressure gauge also read less than 68.9 kPa (10 psi)?
- Yes – replace the transmission pump assembly. Refer to WSM, Section 307-01B.
- No – discontinue this article. Refer to WSM, Section 307-01B for normal diagnostics.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|BC3Z-7A103-E||Pump Assembly Without PTO|
|BC3Z-7A103-F||Pump Assembly With PTO|
|391308-S102||Filler Tube O-ring|
|W715234-S437||Nut – Torque Converter (4 to 8 Req)|
|XT-10-QLVC||MERCON® LV Automatic Transmission Fluid|
|W709771-S440||Nut – Transmission Mount (2 Req)|
|W707246-S440||Nut – Crossmember (6 Req)|
|W711336-S441||Nut – Engine Mount (7 Req)|
|E4HZ-4A254-B||Strap – Front Driveshaft (2 Req)|
|F81Z-4N272-AA||Bolt – Front Driveshaft (4 Req)|
|N811880-S100||Bolt – Driveshaft (4 Req)|
|W71417-S439||Bolt – Y-pipe-To Catalytic Converter – Gasoline Engine (2 Req)|
|W520514-S440||Nut – Y-pipe-To-Manifold – Gasoline Engine (4 Req)|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|130103A||2011-2012 F-Super Duty 4X2 6.2L/6.7L TorqShift6: Diagnose And Replace The Transmission Pump Assembly Includes Time To Perform Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction Procedure||6.0 Hrs.|
|130103A||2011-2012 F-Super Duty 4X4 6.2L/6.7L TorqShift6: Diagnose And Replace The Transmission Pump Assembly Includes Time To Perform Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction Procedure||6.7 Hrs.|
|MT130103||Additional Time For The Removal And Installation Of PTO Units Should Be Claimed As Actual Time||Actual Time|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|