Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: MARCH 2, 1998|
|1998 ECONOLINE, EXPEDITION, F-150, F-250 LD, NAVIGATOR|
1999 SUPER DUTY F SERIES
This TSB article is being republished in its entirety to correct the vehicle application.
Starting 1/5/98, the 4R100 transmission will be installed in the subject vehicles. Selected transmissions have an orange “PRIOR TO REPAIR” tag on the fluid pan. The orange tag refers to TSB 98-1-30. The information in this republished TSB article supersedes TSB 98-1-30. This TSB article includes specific instructions to be followed prior to replacement and/or repair and provides a toll-free telephone number to be used by all U.S. and Canadian dealers for further service direction. (Not applicable outside the U.S. or Canada.)
Prior to 6/30/98, do not disassemble these tagged 4R100 transmissions. Perform the following Diagnostic Procedure, record your findings and contact Ford Motor Company at the toll-free number listed below if there is a concern involving one of these orange tagged transmissions. After 6/30/98, follow the Service Manual diagnosis and repair procedures.
If there is a service concern involving one of the orange “Service-tagged transmissions” (Figure 1) call the toll-free number 1-800-543-8742 (U.S. and Canada) or 1-800-543-8743 (Ohio only) between the hours of 7:30AM and 4:00PM EST Monday through Friday. (A recorder is on 24 hours per day.)
Figure 1 – Article 98-4-22
Use the following procedure when servicing the orange tagged transmissions:
- Check and record the transmission fluid level and condition.
- If low, fill to the proper level and check for a leak.
- If a pan gasket leak is the only concern, DO NOT call the toll-free number prior to the repair. Service as required.
- Check the vehicle harness connectors for proper installation at the Digital Transmission Range (DTR) sensor, solenoid body case connector, and if equipped, Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS), Turbine Speed Sensor (TSS), and Output Shaft Speed (OSS) sensor.
- Perform EEC system Quick Test and record all codes.
- If no fault codes are present, go to Step 5. If fault codes are present, perform the required pinpoint tests as directed in the appropriate Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) Service Manual for any fault codes received. Repair all NON-transmission codes and verify transmission symptom still exists.
- If the transmission symptom exists, refer to diagnosis by symptom in the Service Manual to determine if the concern is internal to the transmission.
NOTE: ALL DIAGNOSTIC INFORMATION (FLUID LEVEL AND CONDITION, DIAGNOSTIC CODES, TEST RESULTS, TRANSMISSION CONCERN AND TRANSMISSION TAG INFORMATION) MUST BE RECORDED BEFORE CALLING THE TOLL-FREE NUMBER.
- If the transmission requires service, call Ford Motor Company toll-free at (800) 543-8742 between 7:30AM and 4:00PM EST (All U.S. Canada) or 1-800-543-8743 (Ohio only).
NOTE: DO NOT DISASSEMBLE ANY TRANSMISSION PRIOR TO CALLING THIS TOLL-FREE NUMBER.
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
|980422A||Perform Electronic Transmission Diagnosis||1.3 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
501000, 502000, 503000, 503300, 504000, 510000, 590000