Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: August 28, 2012|
2011-2012 Fiesta, Fusion, Mustang, Taurus, E-Series, Escape, Expedition, F-150, F-Super Duty, Flex
|2011-2012 MKS, MKZ, MKT, Navigator|
|2011 Milan, Mariner|
The article supersedes TSB 12-7-6 to add a production fix date.
Some 2011-2012 vehicles equipped with SYNC® and built on or before 7/1/2012 may exhibit intermittent voice recognition: SYNC® is not listening/hearing commands, no response to voice commands or SYNC responds voice commands not available with this device when using play artist/album/track commands. Voice recognition, phone/USB connectivity, and traffic, directions and information notification/voice recognition, commands not available with this device when using play artist/album/track commands.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to improve the condition.
- This procedure excludes vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch or MyLincoln Touch. All other vehicles proceed to Step 2.
- Verify if a SYNC update is available. Go to the Professional Technician Society (PTS) website and from the OASIS tab select the SYNC button. Scroll to the bottom of the page, under software update actions click on the (View Latest Software) hyper link located next to the standard selection.
- If no software updates are shown available this article does not apply. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 415-00 for normal diagnosis.
- If software updates are available ensure that the Integrated Diagnostic Software (IDS) release is at 79.02 or higher, then close the IDS software and proceeded to Step 3.
- Reprogram the Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM). To perform the reprogram it will be necessary to follow the online version of the WSM, Section 418-01 Accessory Protocol Interface Module APIM – Standard programming.
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|120819A||Reprogram The APIM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.4 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|