Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: March 9, 2012|
Some 2011-2012 F-150 Raptor vehicles built 11/1/2011 to 02/18/2012 may exhibit the power steering reservoir return hose leaking fluid at the fluid cooler outlet connection.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Is the power steering reservoir return hose leaking fluid at the fluid cooler outlet connection?
- Yes – Proceed to Step 2.
- No – This procedure does not apply. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 211-00B.
- Remove the two (2) scrivets from the left hand side air deflector to expose the power steering reservoir return hose. (Figure 1)
Figure 1 – Article 12-3-8
- Locate the constant tension hose clamp at the power steering fluid cooler outlet.
- Release the constant tension hose clamp enough to move the clamp up against the fluid cooler making room to add a worm gear hose clamp.
- Separate worm gear hose clamp and place over power steering reservoir return hose, with screw head facing upward. (Figure 2)
Figure 2 – Article 12-3-8
- Reassemble the worm gear hose clamp loosely then slide the worm gear hose clamp up the hose and butt against constant tension hose clamp (Figure 3)
Figure 3 – Article 12-3-8
- Torque worm screw hose clamp to 3 N-m (27 lb-in).
- Install the two (2) scrivets for the left hand side air deflector.
- Perform power steering system purging. Refer to WSM, Section 211-00B.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|120308A||2011-2012 F-150 4X4 Raptor: Install Worm Gear Hose Clamp At Fluid Cooler (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.4 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|