Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: October 24, 2012|
Some 2012-2013 F-150 vehicles built on or after 5/1/2012 may exhibit an exposed edge of the headliner material (headliner too short) at the A-pillar trim panel.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Remove the left and right hand A-pillar trim panels. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-05.
- Remove garment hooks.
- Remove left and right sun visors.
- Lighted vanity equipped units allow the visor to hang from the wiring.
- Remove overhead console and allow it to hang freely from the wiring. Refer to WSM, Section 501-12.
- Remove headliner rear retainers.
- SuperCab and SuperCrew vehicles, remove two (2) push pins in the headliner.
- Regular Cab vehicles, remove rear fastening clips at the rear of the headliner.
- SuperCab vehicles only, remove left and right hand rear door latch covers.
- Using the palm of your hand, lightly tap the headliner at the overhead console to move it forward 3-4 mm (1/8-5/32″). (Figure 1)
Figure 1 – Article 12-10-17
- The headliner is suspended in place by magnets and should move freely under light pressure.
- Loosely reposition the left hand and right hand A-pillar trim panels and measure the headliner leading edge protrusion into the space covered by the trim. There should be 6 mm (1/4″) trim overlap over the headliner leading edge. (Figure 2)
Figure 2 – Article 12-10-17
- If the overlap is not approximately 6 mm (1/4″), remove right front 4-way visor clip and left rear clip or push pin to readjust until acceptable.
- Reassemble in reverse order.
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|121017A||2012-2013 F-150: Adjust The Headliner Following The Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.6 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|