Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: March 23, 2011|
This article supersedes TSB 10-6-5 to update the Service Procedure and Service Labor Time Standards.
Some 2009-2010 F-150 vehicles equipped with 4.6L 3V and 5.4L 3V engines only, built at Dearborn Truck Plant (DTP) on or before 1/31/2010 and Kansas City Assembly Plant (KCAP) on or before 2/14/2010, may exhibit illuminated MIL On with DTC P2195 (Heated Oxygen Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean – Bank 1, Sensor 1) or DTC P2197 (Heated Oxygen Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean – Bank 2, Sensor 1).
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Install Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) and identify (ID) vehicle.
- Check for DTCs. Is P2195 and/or P2197 present?
- Yes – If only one (1) code is present either P2195 or P2197, proceed to Step 3.
- No – If both DTCs P2195 and P2197 are present, discontinue with this procedure and follow normal Workshop Manual (WSM) and Powertrain Controls/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) diagnostics.
- No – If no code is present, discontinue with this procedure and follow normal WSM and PC/ED diagnostics.
- Check the vehicle built date, refer to WSM, Section 100-01. Was the vehicle built at DTP on or before 1/31/2010 or KCAP on or before 2/14/2010?
- Yes – The vehicle was built at DTP on or before 1/31/2010 or KCAP on or before 2/14/2010, proceed to Step 4.
- No – The vehicle was not built at DTP on or before 1/31/2010 or KCAP on or before 2/14/2010, do not continue with this procedure and follow normal WSM and PC/ED diagnostics.
- Replace only the affected heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) as indicated by the DTC observed. Refer to WSM, Section 303-14 for removal and installation details.
- 2010 vehicles with 4.6L 3V engine only, reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 65.01 and higher. These calibrations may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|110327A||2009-2010 F-150 5.4L And 2009 F-150 4.6L: Check DTCs, And Replace One (1) HO2S (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.5 Hr.|
|110327B||2010 F-150 4.6L: Check DTCs, Replace One (1) HO2S, And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.7 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|