Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: March 18, 2011|
|2009-2010 Expedition, Explorer Sport Trac, Explorer, F-150|
Some 2009-2010 F-150, Expedition, Explorer Sport Trac, Explorer, Mountaineer and Navigator vehicles equipped with a 6R80 transmission may show signs of transmission fluid leakage around the transmission bulkhead connector sleeve.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
Verify the leak is present at the transmission bulkhead connector sleeve. With the vehicle in neutral, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 100-02.
- Disconnect the transmission vehicle harness connector by twisting the outer shell and pulling back on the connector.
- Remove the transmission fluid pan and allow the transmission fluid to drain.
- Pull the release tab and pull down on the transmission bulkhead electrical connector retainer.
- With the release tab down, pull the connector sleeve out of the case/mechatronic assembly.
- Lube new connector sleeve O-rings with clean transmission fluid, then install connector sleeve into case/mechantronic assembly.
- Press up on the tab and lock the outer shell of the transmission bulkhead electrical connector sleeve in place. Make sure that the locking tab is securely locked.
- Install the transmission fluid pan/gasket and refill transmission fluid refer to WSM, Section 307-01 for refill procedure.
NOTE: DO NOT TOUCH THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR PINS OR THE EXPOSED SOLENOID TABS ON THE TRANSMISSION BULKHEAD ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR. ELECTROSTATIC DISCHARGE MAY OCCUR AND MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE (TCM). NOTE: BULKHEAD CONNECTOR SLEEVES MAY COME WITH RED OR BLACK O-RING SEALS. USE ONLY BULKHEAD CONNECTOR SLEEVE THAT HAS BLACK O-RING SEAL FOR THIS PROCEDURE.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|110325A||2009-2010 Explorer, Mountaineer, Explorer Sport Trac, And F-150: Replace Connector Sleeve Includes Time To Remove And Install Transmission Fluid Pan (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||1.7 Hrs.|
|110325A||2009-2010 Expedition And Navigator: Replace Connector Sleeve Includes Time To Remove And Install Transmission Fluid Pan (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||1.8 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|