Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: February 25, 2010|
Some 2009-2010 F-150 vehicles built at Dearborn Truck Plant (DTP) on or before 1/12/2010, or at Kansas City Assembly Plant (KCAP) on or before 01/18/2010, and equipped with optional Satellite Radio, may exhibit water entry into the passenger compartment near the RH A-pillar assist handle.
Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition.
- Remove satellite radio antenna from the vehicle. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 415-00.
- Completely remove the mounting bolt and retention clip, then compress the plastic pre-position clip and apply upward force on mounting stud of antenna.
- Clean both cab sheet metal and satellite antenna base surfaces with 50/50 mix of Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and water.
- Place a 1/8″ (3.2 mm) bead of MotorcraftÂ® High Performance Engine RTV Silicone to the antenna base. (Figure 1)
Figure 1 – Article 10-4-7
- Antenna must be installed within 4 minutes of the start of RTV application.
- Install antenna base and reassemble interior components. Refer to WSM, Section 415-00.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|TA-357||MotorcraftÂ® High Performance Engine RTV Silicone|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|100407A||2009-2010 F-150: Apply Sealer To The Antenna Base, Includes Time To Remove And Install The Antenna (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.5 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|