Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: OCTOBER 7, 1996|
This TSB article is being republished in its entirety to revise the causal basic part number.
The front door outer belt weatherstrip may be loose or detached on some vehicles. This may be caused by loss of adhesion of the double sided tape used for the weatherstrip.
Remove the double sided tape and reattach the front door outer belt weatherstrip to glass run using Weatherstrip Adhesive (E8AZ-19554-A). Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
- Lower door window.
- Remove the double sided tape from the door glass run. Use a knife to remove the backing of the tape without scarring or gouging the glass run. It is not necessary to remove residual glue after removal of the tape backing. Refer to Figure 1.
Figure 1 – Article 96-21-7
- Remove 3-4mm of the double sided tape and glue from upper edge of outer belt weatherstrip (Figure 2).
Figure 2 – Article 96-21-7
- Clean surfaces of the glass run and the outer belt weatherstrip with isopropyl alcohol.
NOTE: APPLY ONLY A THIN APPLICATION OF WEATHERSTRIP ADHESIVE (E8AZ-19554-A) TO THE SPECIFIED AREA. EXCESS ADHESIVE WILL BE SQUEEZED OUT OF THE JOINT OF THE GLASS RUN AND OUTER BELT WEATHERSTRIP AND MAY CAUSE AN INSUFFICIENT BOND.
- Apply Weatherstrip Adhesive (E8AZ-19554-A), or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESB-M2514-A, to the top and inside edge of the outer belt weatherstrip (Figure 3).
Figure 3 – Article 96-21-7
- Press and hold the outer belt weatherstrip to door glass run for 15 seconds.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
|962107A||Reattach Weatherstrip – Both Sides||0.4 Hr.|
|962107B||Reattach Weatherstrip – One Side||0.3 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
102000, 108000, 110000