Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: January 11, 2008|
|2008 F-Super Duty|
Some 2008 F-Super Duty vehicles built prior to 8/1/2007 and equipped with a 6.4L diesel engine may exhibit a charge air cooler (CAC) paint concern.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
|NOTE:||DO NOT REPLACE THE CAC FOR PAINT RELATED CONCERNS.|
- Inspect the CAC for paint defects.
- If the left hand (driver side) of the CAC has paint defects, remove the fuel cooler radiator retaining bolt, then disengage the radiator from the CAC. Do not disconnect the two (2) hoses at the bottom of the fuel cooler radiator. Carefully tie it out of the way for preparation/painting operations. It does not need to be removed if there are no defects on the CAC in this area.
- Use compressed air with a blow gun to remove loose paint from the CAC lower tank and side rails.
- Clean repair area surfaces with a suitable wax and grease remover or brake cleaner spray.
- Use 180 grit sandpaper to remove and featheredge remaining paint from tank and side rails. Be careful of cooling fin and tank joint areas.
- Clean the sanded areas again with wax and grease remover, and allow to dry.
- Mask surrounding areas to prevent overspray.
- Apply 2 light coats of Dupli-Color® Engine Enamel Gray Engine Primer. Allow to dry between coats per can directions.
- Apply 2-3 coats of Dupli-Color® Engine Enamel Ford Semi-Gloss Black. Allow to dry between coats per can directions.
- Install fuel cooler radiator, if removed.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|DE-1612||Dupli-Color® Engine Enamel – Gray Engine Primer|
|DE-1635||Dupli-Color® Engine Enamel – Ford Semi-Gloss Black|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|080203A||2008 F-Super Duty 6.4L: Paint Charge Air Cooler, Includes Time To Inspect, Clean, Mask and, Position Fuel Cooler Aside If Necessary (Do Not Use With 6775A)||0.6 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|