Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: July 8, 2005|
|2005-2006 F-Super Duty|
Some 2005-2006 F-Super Duty vehicles built between 09/15/2004 and 06/08/2005 may exhibit an A/C lack of cooling due to the vent mode select not operating correctly (if panel airflow is selected in AC, Max AC, or vent, the airflow comes out of the defrost vent). Also, on vehicles equipped with the 6.0L diesel engine, the vacuum pump may run excessively.
Check for vacuum leak or blockage (kinked or pinched) and proper routing. Open the glove box to inspect. Inspect for vacuum lines being trapped behind or wrapped around the panel/floor door actuator rod. If vacuum lines are found wrapped around the rod, inspect the lines for damage (leaking or pinched) and repair or replace as necessary. Route the vacuum lines so they are not wrapped around the actuator rod. If replacement is necessary, refer to the following Service Procedure.
VACUUM HARNESS REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE
- Remove the climate control assembly. Refer to Workshop Manual Section 412-01.
- Disconnect the two (2) vacuum harness connections through glove box opening.
- Disconnect push pin fasteners and remove vacuum harness.
- Install new vacuum harness and secure with push pins.
- Connect the two (2) vacuum harness connections through glove box opening.
- Reinstall the climate control assembly. Refer to Workshop Manual Section 412-01.
- Close glove box.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|5C3Z-19D699-AA||Vacuum Hose Assembly (With EATC)|
|5C3Z-19D699-BA||Vacuum Hose Assembly (Without EATC)|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
|051409A||Operation A: 2005-2006 F-Super Duty: Replace Vacuum Harness Includes Time To Inspect And Replace Harness Only Includes Time To Remove And Install Climate Control Assembly (Do Not Use With 19980A)||0.5 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|