Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: APRIL 3, 2001|
1996-1997 F-150, F-250 LD
2000-2001 SUPER DUTY F SERIES
This article is being published to clarify the use of Vehicle Communication Link (VCL) and Alternative Fuel Control Module (AFCM) terminology for the listed bi-fuel vehicles.
Use the text in this article to clarify components, applications, and location of the VCL and the AFCM. The VCL is a separate component and the AFCM is internal to the compuvalve. Refer to the following Service Information for details.
|NOTE:||FOR MODEL YEAR 2000 AND NEWER BI-FUEL VEHICLES, THE VCL WAS MODIFIED AND REMOVED AS A SEPARATE COMPONENT AND INCORPORATED INTO THE COMPUVALVE (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE 2000 CONTOUR).|
|NOTE:||THE NEW GENERATION STAR (NGS) TESTER WILL ALWAYS REFER TO THE VCL AS THE AFCM, WHETHER IT IS A SEPARATE COMPONENT OR INTERNAL TO THE COMPUVALVE.|
- The following application is where the VCL is a separate component.
- 1996 CNG bi-fuel Econoline and F-Series
- 1998/1999 CNG/LPG bi-fuel Econoline and F-Series
- 1996 through 2000 CNG bi-fuel Contour
The VCL is located inside the passenger side kick panel.
The VCL is located under the center section of the dash. Refer to Figure 1.
- The following application is where the AFCM is internal to the compuvalve.
- 2000/2001 CNG/LPG bi-fuel F-Series Light Duty
- 2000/2001 LPG bi-fuel F-Series Super Duty
The AFCM/COMPUVALVE is located underhood. Refer to Figure 2.
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
590000, 690000, 698298
Figure 1 – Article 01-7-4
Figure 2 – Article 01-7-4