Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: AUGUST 24, 1998|
|1999 SUPER DUTY F SERIES|
Warping of the tailgate moulding, possibly in two locations (Figure 1), may occur on some vehicles. This may be due to moulding being constrained from thermally expanding/contracting.
Replace moulding with revised tailgate moulding utilizing washer (spacers) to install. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
Figure 1 – Article 98-17-23
- Remove tailgate closeout panel by removing the ten (10) Torx screws.
- Remove warped tailgate moulding (pull it off) and discard.
- Install revised Tailgate Moulding (F81Z-9940602-AAA). Pound down into position with rubber mallet.
- Place one (1) Washer (351308-S2) at each of the six (6) hole locations (Figure 2) on the tailgate sheet metal. Washer should be 1.5mm thick, 5/16″ inner diameter, no larger than 3/4″ outer diameter.
Figure 2 – Article 98-17-23
- Place closeout panel into design position, sandwiching the washers in place.
- Torque down all ten (10) screws to recommended 5.4 N-m (4 lb-ft).
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
|981723A||Replace Tailgate Moulding||0.3 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|