Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: MARCH 30, 1998|
|1997 F-150, F-250 LD|
The following concerns may be present on some vehicles:
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illuminated with Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) P0171 and/or P0174 stored in memory
- Reduced power
These concerns may be caused by an incorrect air cleaner and Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor installed on the vehicle during the manufacturing process.
Install the correct air cleaner and MAF sensor. Refer to the following Service Procedure for diagnostic and replacement procedures.
- Examine the embossment on the air cleaner housing assembly. 4.2L vehicles should have a “V6” embossed on the housing and 4.6L/5.4L vehicles should have a “V8” embossed on the housing.
- If the embossment is correct, refer to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) Service Manual and follow normal diagnostics as outlined for the particular concern.
- If the embossment is incorrect, replace the air cleaner housing and MAF sensor with the correct housing. Refer to the Parts Block located at the end of this article for correct part numbers.
NOTE: THE “SNOUT” MUST BE REUSED FROM THE ORIGINAL AIR CLEANER ASSEMBLY.
- Refer to the 1997 F-150-250 LD Series Workshop Manual, Section 303-12, for replacement procedures.
- Use Program Code “R9G” when submitting a claim.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|F75Z-9600-AA||Air Cleaner Housing (4.2L Vehicles – Includes Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor)|
|F65Z-9600-AA||Air Cleaner Housing (4.6L/5.4L Vehicles – Includes Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor)|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
|980611A||Diagnose And Replace Air Cleaner||0.6 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
206000, 607000, 607400, 607500, 608000, 611000, 611500, 612000, 612500, 614000, 614500, 698298
Copyright © 1998 Ford Motor Company