Technical Service Bulletins
|Printable View (50 KB)|
|Publication Date: May 23, 2012|
Some 2012 F-150 vehicles built on or before 3/29/2012 and equipped with reverse camera display in the rear view mirror may exhibit the manual zoom and/or auto zoom feature incorrectly displaying as a selectable feature in the instrument panel cluster (IPC) message center.
Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition.
- Check if the manual zoom feature is enabled in the message center and/or if there is an auto zoom feature incorrectly displayed in the IPC message center.
- Check for diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) in the reverse camera system.
- Is the zoom feature enabled and/or is there an auto zoom feature incorrectly displayed in the IPC message center with DTCs?
- Yes – proceed to Step 4.
- No – this article does not apply.
- Using the IDS reinstall the as-built data for the IPC.
- ID the vehicle.
- Select the tool box at the vehicle screen.
- Select Module Programming.
- Select As-Built.
- Select Instrument Panel Cluster.
- Select VIN verification (Note: This may or may not display).
- Screen prompt: if you were here directed by Programmable Module Installation or Module Reprogramming, select No and continue.
- Is IDS connected to internet?
- Yes – select Automatic and follow screen prompts.
- No – select Manual and proceed to Step i.
- Go to Professional Technician Society web site to obtain As-Built data, follow screen prompts to manually add as-built data.
- When As-Built downloaded is displayed, select tick mark to exit.
The auto zoom option in the ICP message center will no longer be available after as-built reconfiguration, as this function was unavailable for the F-150.
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|120513A||2012 F-150: Inspect And Correct The As-Built Data (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.3 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|