Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: April 11, 2012|
Some 2009-2012 F-150 may experience water staining of the rear portion of the headliner in the area(s) above the back glass and at both cab corners due to the high mounted stoplamp assembly leaking water.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Replace the high mounted stoplamp assembly. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 417-01.
- Fully open all vehicle doors.
- Identify the rear area of the headliner to be cleaned. (Figures 1 and 2)
Figure 1 – Article 12-4-4
Figure 2 – Article 12-4-4
- Saturate a clean white cotton towel with city tap water and squeeze off excess water.
- In areas with hard water supply it's recommended to use distilled water.
- Apply a significant amount of Motorcraft® Professional Strength Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner to the towel. (Figure 3)
Figure 3 – Article 12-4-4
- Follow all product handling recommendations listed on the label of the Motorcraft® Professional Strength Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner.
- Apply a layer of foam cleaner to the water stain area(s) of the headliner and allow to soak for one minute. (Figure 4)
Figure 4 – Article 12-4-4
- Starting at the outer edge of the headliner work the towel in one direction toward the center of the headliner using even pressure to maintain a dry edge. (Figures 5 and 6)
Figure 5 – Article 12-4-4
Figure 6 – Article 12-4-4
- After working cleaner into headliner place a shop fan in the door openings directing airflow up toward the headliner to aid in drying.
- Repeat Steps 4 through 8 a second time.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|AL3Z-13A613-E||High Mount Stop Lamp Assembly (F-150)|
|ZC-54||Motorcraft® Professional Strength Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner|
|AL3Z-13A613-G||High Mount Stop Lamp Assembly (F-150 Raptor)|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|120404A||2009-2012 F-150: Replace The High Mount Stop lamp Assembly Includes Time To Clean The Headliner (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.6 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|