Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: April 15, 2008|
|2006-2008 Mark LT|
Some 2005-2008 F-150 (excludes Heritage) and 2006-2008 Lincoln Mark LT vehicles built after 11/29/2005 may exhibit a grinding noise from the climate control system while changing air distribution modes.
Perform the following Service Procedure to correct the condition.
- Set control head to panel mode.
NOTE: DO NOT ENERGIZE THE MODE DOOR MOTOR WITHOUT IT BEING CONNECTED TO THE UPPER PLENUM.
- Leaving the motor plugged in and installed to the cam plate, remove the four bolts that attach the cam plate to the upper plenum. (Figure 1)
Figure 1 – Article 08-8-9
- Remove cam plate.
- Remove cam.
- Clean all existing lube from cam.
- Liberally apply MotorcraftÂ® PTFE Lubricant to the cam tracks. (Figure 2)
Figure 2 – Article 08-8-9
- Reassemble components in reverse order of removal.
- Cycle the control head from panel to defrost mode a few times until the noise is eliminated.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|XG-8||MotorcraftÂ® PTFE Lubricant|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|080809A||2005-2008 F-150, 2006-2008 Mark LT: Remove Distribution Mode Door Cam and Replace Cam Lubricant.||0.4 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|