Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: AUGUST 11, 1998|
|1997-1998 EXPEDITION, F-150, F-250 LD|
Fuel may leak from the spring lock couplings at the fuel rail if the O-rings have been damaged or at ambient temperatures below -40°C (-40°F). This may be caused by the spring lock coupling O-rings not sealing.
Service replacement O-rings are now available. Replace the spring lock coupling O-rings. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
Refer to the 1998 F-150/250 or Expedition/Navigator Workshop Manual, Pages 310-00-8 through 310-00-10 to disconnect the spring lock connectors and remove the O-rings. Refer to the following to install the new O-rings and reconnect the spring lock connectors:
- Inspect and clean both coupling ends.
- If female cup damage is observed such as interior scratches, replace the fuel rail. If no damage is observed to either the male or female coupling ends, replace the O-rings being sure to observe the color coding as in Figure 1.
Figure 1 – Article 98-16-12
- Lubricate the O-rings with clean engine oil meeting Ford specification WSS-M2C153-F.
- Connect the fitting.
- Pull on the fitting to make sure it is fully engaged.
- Install the safety clip.
- Start the engine and check for fuel leaks.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|F75Z-9J277-AA||O-Ring – Supply Side (Black, 1/2″)|
|F75Z-9J277-BA||O-Ring – Supply Side (Blue, 1/2″)|
|F75Z-9J277-DA||O-Ring – Return Side (Black, 3/8″)|
|F75Z-9J277-CA||O-Ring – Return Side (Blue, 3/8″)|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
|981612A||Replace Spring Lock Coupling O-Rings||0.6 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
Copyright © 1998 Ford Motor Company