Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: APRIL 28, 1997|
A loss of passenger compartment temperature control may be evident on some vehicles. This may be caused by a damaged blend air door.
Replace the blend air door with a revised Blend Air Door. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
- Verify the concern.
- Follow the appropriate Pinpoint Test outlined in the 1997 F-150 Workshop Manual to verify the A/C temperature potentiometer, blend air door actuator and wiring are functioning properly and are not the cause of the concern.
- If the above components are not faulty, inspect the blend air door.
- If the blend air door is found to be broken, replace the Blend Air Door (F65Z-18B545-AE) by referring to the following Steps 4a-4k.
- Remove instrument panel by referring to the 1997 F-150 Workshop Manual, Section 501-12.
- Remove the thirteen (13) retaining screws for the plenum top.
- Remove plenum top.
- Carefully remove blend air door assembly from plenum case.
- Remove blend air door from its assembly by depressing the four (4) tabs at the top pivot point using a 11/32″ 12 point socket or a 9mm 12 point socket and pushing the door out.
- Install new Blend Air Door (F65Z-18B545-AE) into its assembly by aligning the four (4) tabs with pivot hole in assembly and inserting using light pressure.
- Carefully install blend air door assembly into plenum case.
- Install plenum top.
- Install the thirteen (13) retaining screws for the plenum top. Tighten retaining screws to 1.5-2.5 N-m (13-22 lb-in).
- Reinstall instrument panel into vehicle by referring to the 1997 F-150 Workshop Manual, Section 501-12.
- Verify proper operation.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|F65Z-18B545-AE||Blend Air Door|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
|970917A||Replace Blend Air Door (Includes R&I Instrument Panel)||2.7 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
208000, 208300, 208999