Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: SEPTEMBER 22, 1997|
|1998 ESCORT (4V), CONTOUR|
|1998 SABLE (4V), MYSTIQUE|
|1996-1998 EXPLORER (built after 4/1/96), MOUNTAINEER (built after 4/1/96)|
1997-1998 E/F SERIES (4.2L, 4.6L, 5.4L), EXPEDITION (4.6L, 5.4L), E-SERIES (6.8L)
1998 NAVIGATOR (5.4L), RANGER (California only)
For all Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Running Loss vehicle applications (1996 through 1998), the primary purpose of the PC/ED Manual portion of this Technical Service bulletin (TSB) is to:
- Enhance the description and operation of the EVAP Running Loss components, system and monitor.
- Update the Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Charts.
- Update the EVAP Monitor and System Pinpoint HX.
- Update the OBD II drive cycle and the EVAP Running Loss Monitor Repair Verification drive cycle.
The primary purpose of the Workshop Manual attachment is to further diagnose a DTC or driveability symptom concern on vehicle applications without a fuel vapor control valve tube assembly. This attachment can be found on the last two pages of this TSB, and is only inteneded to be used for the following applications:
- 1997-98 4.2L/4.6L/5.4L E/F Series, 4.6L/5.4L Expedition, 6.8L E-Series
- 1996-98 Explorer/Mountaineer (built after 4/1/96)
- 1998 Escort/Tracer (4V), Contour/Mystique, Ranger (California only), 5.4L Navigator
Upcoming TSBs will be Workshop Manual pinpoint test diagnostics for EVAP Running Loss vehicle applications with a fuel vapor control valve tube assembly.
When using this TSB, follow the same diagnostic routine used in the PC/ED Manual.
To refer to the PCED/Workshop Manual portions of this TSB: Click Here.
Copyright © 1997 Ford Motor Company