Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: February 23, 2012|
|2005-2012 F-250, F-350|
This article supersedes TSB 11-4-3 to update the vehicle model years, Issue Statement and Part List.
Some 2005-2012 F-Super Duty 250-350 vehicles equipped with a 5.4L 3V, 6.2L or 6.8L 3V engine may experience premature automatic shut off of the fuel fill nozzle. This may include box delete vehicles that have been upfitted with aftermarket utility bodies or vehicles that are operated in muddy or dusty environments and may encounter a dirt clogged carbon canister system.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
|NOTE:||THIS PROCEDURE ONLY APPLIES TO F-250-350 PICKUPS AND F-250-350 PICKUP BOX DELETE VEHICLES WITH GAS ENGINES.|
- Inspect the vehicle's canister system.
- If the canister system is not dirt clogged and the vehicle is an F-250-350 pickup, then proceed with normal diagnostics and do not continue with this procedure.
- If the canister system is not dirt clogged and the vehicle is a box delete, then replace the filler pipe (box delete vehicles only).
- The new filler pipe should only be used for box delete vehicles that are exhibiting slow fill issues due to the aftermarket routing of the filler pipe with the upfitter's box. The new filler pipe kit provides additional design measures to improve the ability to fill the vehicle.
- If the canister system is found to be dirt clogged, then continue with Step 2.
- Replace the carbon canister assembly per Workshop (WSM), Section 303-13.
- Relocate the fresh-air intake port to a more protected location using a new fresh air hose kit.
- Replace fuel cap assembly.
- Replace the fuel filler pipe only on box delete vehicles that have been upfitted with aftermarket utility bodies.
NOTE: WARRANTY COVERAGE IS NOT APPLICABLE ON VEHICLES IF THE BOX DELETE FILLER PIPE HAS BEEN MODIFIED FROM THE INITIAL FILLER KIT TO MEET UNIQUE AFTERMARKET/BODY BUILDER INSTALLATION.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|6C3Z-9D653-F||Canister (Pickup 2005-2007)|
|9C3Z-9D653-C||Canister (Pickup 2008-2012)|
|8C3Z-9030-A||Fuel Cap Assembly (2005-2010)|
|AC3Z-9030-A||Fuel Cap Assembly (2011-2012)|
|8C3Z-9B149-L||Filler Pipe (Box Delete 2005-2010)|
|BC3Z-9B149-G||Filler Pipe (Box Delete 2011-2012)|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|120214A||2005-2012 F-Super Duty 250-350 5.4L/6.2L/6.8L With Pickup Box: Inspect The Vehicle Canister System, Replace The Charcoal Canister, Install Fresh Air Inlet Kit, And The Fuel Cap Assembly||1.5 Hrs.|
|120214B||2005-2012 F-Super Duty 250-350 5.4L/6.2L/6.8L With Pickup Box Delete: Inspect The Vehicle Canister System, Install Filler Pipe Kit||0.9 Hr.|
|120214C||2005-2012 F-Super Duty 250-350 5.4L/6.2L/6.8L With Pickup Box Delete: Inspect The Vehicle Canister System, Replace The Charcoal Canister, Install Filler Pipe Kit||1.9 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|