Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: January 22, 2010|
|2008-2010 F-Super Duty|
This article supersedes TSB 09-6-8 to remove the production fix date, update the vehicle model year coverage and Service Procedure.
Some 2008-2010 6.4L F-Super Duty vehicles may experience a lack of power during acceleration and perhaps the illumination of the check air filter message in instrument cluster message center. The lack of power condition may occur when the air filter element becomes packed with snow, thereby restricting required air flow to the engine.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Provide a winter grill cover to the customer for vehicles not equipped with one.
- Replace the indicator assembly (air filter minder) if it doesn't have engineering number 8C34-9N622-AB on the part.
- Remove auxiliary snow tube. (Figure 1 – Item 1)
Figure 1 – Article 10-2-2
- Remove the airbox filter cover. (Figure 1 – Item 2)
- Replace the air cleaner element only if wet or frozen.
- Attach the snow deflector gasket. Ensure gasket is secured mainly to top of filter and then simply rests on edge of airbox. (Figure 2)
Figure 2 – Article 10-2-2
NOTE: THE DEFLECTOR GASKET MUST BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE WINTER GRILL COVER TO MINIMIZE SHOW INGESTION.
- Install airbox cover.
- Install auxiliary snow tube fully to the white indicator mark.
- Verify the plastic breather box on the end of auxiliary snow tube does not contact turbocharger heat shields. Auxiliary snow tube push-pin to cowl must be reinstalled to prevent this.
NOTE: THE WINTER GRILL COVER MUST BE REMOVED WHEN TEMPERATURES ARE GREATER THAN 50° F (10° C) (32° F (0° C) WHEN TOWING) OR ENGINE DAMAGE CAN RESULT. THE SNOW DEFLECTOR GASKET CAN REMAIN INSTALLED IN THE VEHICLE YEAR-ROUND. NOTE: IF YOUR VEHICLE IS OPERATED IN A HEAVY SNOW STORM OR BLOWING SNOW CONDITIONS, THE ENGINE AIR INDUCTION MAY BECOME PARTIALLY CLOGGED WITH SNOW AND/OR ICE. IF THIS OCCURS, THE ENGINE MAY EXPERIENCE A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN POWER OUTPUT. AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY, CLEAR ALL THE SNOW AND/OR ICE AWAY FROM INSIDE THE AIR FILTER ASSEMBLY. TAKE THE TOP OFF THE ASSEMBLY, LEAVING THE AIR FILTER IN, AND REMOVE ANY SNOW OR ICE.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|8C3Z-19A414-A||Winter Grill Cover|
|8C3Z-9N622-A||Indicator Assembly – Filter Minder|
|7C3Z-9601-B||Air Cleaner Element|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|100202A||2008-2010 F-Super Duty 6.4L: Install Grill Cover, Snow Deflector Gasket, Replace Filter Minder And Air Filter If Necessary (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.4 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|