Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: June 16, 2011|
|2011 F-250, F-350|
The article supersedes TSB 11-5-19 to update the Title and Issue Statement.
Some 2011 F-Super Duty 250 and 350 vehicles equipped with a 6.2L engine and 6R140 transmission may exhibit a 2-3 shift flare and/or malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) On with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0733 and/or delayed reverse engagement, with a build date on or before 4/11/2011. Symptoms may be more evident or seem worse after an extended soak.
Follow the Service Procedure to correct the concern.
- Inspect vehicle build date.
- If vehicle build date is on or before 11/19/2010, proceed to Step 2.
- If vehicle build date is between 11/20/2010 and 4/11/2011, solenoid replacement is not necessary, proceed to Step 3.
- Replace the three normally high solenoids. Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01B. Proceed to Step 3.
- Remove solenoids in-vehicle, identify the service band required for LPC, C35R/SSB, C456/SSE solenoids. Removal of the main control is not required.
- Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 73.01 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.5 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
NOTE: PLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE’S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION’S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|BC3Z-7G383-K||Solenoid-Band Number 2|
|BC3Z-7G383-L||Solenoid-Band Number 3|
|BC3Z-7G383-M||Solenoid-Band Number 4|
|BC3Z-7G383-N||Solenoid-Band Number 5|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|110611A||2011 F-Super Duty 6.2L: Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor operations)||0.3 Hr.|
|110611B||2011 F-Super Duty 6.2L: Replace Three Shift Solenoids And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor operations)||1.7 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by “do-it-yourselfers”. Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a Ford or Lincoln dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article. The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates. The most recent information is available through Ford Motor Company’s on-line technical resources.
Copyright Â© 2011 Ford Motor Company