Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: January 22, 2003|
Some vehicles may exhibit a driver’s side door glass that binds when operated. This may be caused by the inner door panel developing a crack where the rear window run attaches. When the window is operated, the run flexes and causes the glass to bind in the run.
Install a Reinforcement Plate Kit (XL3Z-15211B06-AA) on the inner door panel. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
- Remove door trim panel per the appropriate model year Workshop Manual.
- Remove the current rear window run attachment bolt and discard.
- Hold reinforcement plate (included in kit) in position (Figure 1) and mark the area where it will mount.
- Use sand paper to rough up the area where the outer edge of the plate will mount.
- Apply TA-12 Structural Foam to the reinforcement plate.
- Place reinforcement plate in position and install the new bolt and washer assembly (included with kit). Torque the bolt to 8.4-11.5 Lb-ft (11.4-15.6 N-m).
- Using the five holes around the perimeter of the plate as a guide, drill 3/16 inch (4.76 mm) holes in the inner door panel and install five rivets (included with kit).
- Apply heat gun at 120° F (49° C) for up to 20 minutes to cure the Structural Foam.
- Re-install the door trim panel.
- Verify proper operation.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|XL3Z-15211B06-AA||Reinforcement Plate Kit|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
|030204A||Install Reinforcement Plate On The Inner Door Panel (Includes Time To Remove And Install Watershield): 1997-1998 F-150||1.1 Hrs.|
|030204B||Install Reinforcement Plate On The Inner Door Panel (Includes Time To Remove And Install Watershield): 1999-2002 F-150||0.9 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
Figure 1 – Article 03-2-4