Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: APRIL 25, 2000|
|1997-2000 F-150, F-250 LD|
This TSB is being republished in its entirety to clarify the affected vehicles.
Dents or dings may be evident in the rear inner fender wells on some vehicles. This may be due to rocks being thrown up into the wheelwell.
Install inner fender well shields. The shields should reduce the possibility of dents and dings from rocks. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
- Remove rear wheel and tire and power wash inner surface of fender well. Surface must be free of dirt, oil, and road film. Dry with shop air to ensure good sealer adhesion.
- Apply generous amount of undercoating to the inner fender well. Wipe off excess overspray where necessary (Figure 1).
- Install Splash Shield Kit (YL3Z-16A550-AB).
- While holding shield against cross beam, align vertical flange of shield to the open edge of the beam and the front edge of the shield flush with the bottom surface of the beam.
- Using a 9/32″ bit and the shield as a guide, drill the beam at hole “A” (Figure 2).
- Change to a 1/8″ bit and drill a hole in the beam at “B” location (Figure 2).
- Change to a 5/16″ bit and drill out the hole at “A” (Figure 2).
- Slide the J-clip over the open end of the beam so it snaps into hole “A” (Figure 2).
- Loosely attach the shield using a screw and washer at holes “A” and “B”.
- Align the side flange of the shield with the rear fender flange and scribe holes “C” and “D” (Figure 2) on the fender flange.
- Remove the shield from vehicle.
- Center punch holes “C” and “D” and drill through the fender flange using a 1/4″ drill.
- Slide J-clips over holes “C” and “D”.
- Holding shield in place, secure shield to fender with screw and washer.
- Reinstall wheel and tire.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|YL3Z-16A550-AB||Splash Shield Kit|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
|000905A||Clean, Dry, And Apply Undercoating To Rear Wheelwell, And Install Splash Shield Kit||0.8 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
106000, 108000, 111000
Figure 1 – Article 00-9-5
Figure 2 – Article 00-9-5