Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: May 29, 2013|
2012-2013 Explorer, F-150
Some 2012 Escape, 2012-2013 F-150, Explorer and Mustang vehicles built on or before 8/31/2012 may exhibit a sun visor vanity mirror door that will not close or is loose. This may cause the mirror light to stay on.
Follow the Service Procedure Steps to correct the condition.
- Using a small flat head screw driver, remove plastic light cover by pushing out to the right. (Figure 1)
Figure 1 – Article 13-5-30
- Remove the two (2) phillips screws attaching vanity mirror to the sun visor.
- Using flat head screw driver, pop up right side of vanity, slide to the right to remove vanity.
- Carefully remove switch assembly and light socket and bulb from retaining clip and pegs. (Figure 2)
Figure 2 – Article 13-5-30
- Line up switch assembly and light socket with retaining clip and pegs in the new vanity mirror and snap into place.
- Insert vanity slightly on an angle left to right back into visor, ensuring pegs on visor engage holes in vanity assembly.
- Attach vanity to visor with the two (2) screws and reinsert plastic light cover.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|CL3Z-1504098-AA||Vanity Mirror (Adobe)|
|CL3Z-1504098-AB||Vanity Mirror (Light Stone)|
|CL3Z-1504098-AC||Vanity Mirror (Charcoal Black)|
|CL3Z-1504098-AD||Vanity Mirror (Gray)|
|CL3Z-1504098-AE||Vanity Mirror (Cashmere)|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|130530A||Replace One (1) Vanity Mirror Following Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.2 Hr.|
|130530B||Replace Both (2) Vanity Mirrors Following Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.3 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|