Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: January 17, 2007|
|2006-2007 Mark LT|
Some 2005-2007 F-150 and 2006-2007 Mark LT vehicles equipped with power windows may experience a customer concern of slow power window travel when raising the window; it may be due to a concern with the alignment of the window glass.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Lower the window completely, and measure the amount of time it takes for the glass to travel from the fully open to fully closed position.
- If the time is less then six (6) seconds then DO NOT perform this TSB.
- If the time required to move the glass from the fully open to fully closed position is greater than six (6) seconds, continue with this TSB.
- Inspect the glass runs to make sure they are not wavy and causing additional resistance to the glass.
- Remove the door panel following Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-05, access the glass clamps through the openings in the door sheet metal. (Figure 1)
Figure 1 – Article 07-2-6
- Loosen the glass clamps (using a 1/4″ drive T-30 Torx socket).
- After loosening the glass clamps, the glass should be pushed up into the header, by hand, then shifted rearward, until it stops against the rear window run seal, and then lowered back into the clamps. (Figure 2)
Figure 2 – Article 07-2-6
NOTE: MAKE SURE THE WINDOW IS SEATED IN THE BOTTOM OF THE GLASS CLAMPS. TIGHTEN BOTH CLAMPS AND VERIFY PROPER WINDOW PERFORMANCE, BY AGAIN TIMING GLASS CLOSING SPEED.
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
|070206A||2005-2007 F-150, 2006-2007 Mark LT: Align Front Door Glass, Includes Time To Remove And Install Interior Door Trim Panel: ONE FRONT DOOR (Do Not Use With 23943A, 23943A1, 23943A2, 23943A4, 23943A14, 22600A)||0.6 Hr.|
|070206B||2005-2007 F-150, 2006-2007 Mark LT: Align Front Door Glass, Includes Time To Remove And Install Interior Door Trim Panel: BOTH FRONT DOORS (Do Not Use With 23943A, 23943A1, 23943A2, 23943A4, 23943A14, 22600A)||1.1 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|