Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: November 6, 2006|
|2006-2007 Mark LT|
This article supersedes TSB 05-24-3 to update the Service Procedure and vehicle model years.
Some 2004-2007 Ford F-150 and 2006-2007 Lincoln Mark LT vehicles, equipped with a power sliding rear window, may exhibit a rattle/chatter or squeak/chirp/creak noise from the back glass while driving.
If the condition is a rattle or chatter noise from the rear of the cab, and usually occurs while driving over bumps refer to Procedure “A”. If the condition is a squeak, chirp, or creaking noise refer to Procedure “B”.
The rattle or chatter condition may be due to excessive clearance between the center sliding glass and back glass window runs. To service, apply felt tape, or similar material from the Rotunda Squeak and Rattle Kit (164-R4900), along the entire length of the upper run channel insert. This will reduce the clearance to resolve the rattle/chatter condition. Additionally, on 2004 F-150 vehicles only, replace the upper run channel prior to applying the felt tape.
- Remove the upper run channel by pulling down and outward from the driver’s side of the vehicle (Figure 1, View A). A small pick or a pair of needle nose pliers may be helpful.
- Remove any grease/oil from the upper run channel insert using a shop rag or towel. Use a spray cleaner to ensure grease/oil has been thoroughly removed.
- Apply felt tape, or similar material from the Rotunda Squeak and Rattle Kit (164-R4900), along the entire length of the upper run channel insert. Press down firmly to ensure tape is firmly adhered to the insert. (Figure 1)
Figure 1 – Article 06-23-6
- Reinstall the upper run channel and open and close the center glass several times to ensure proper operation. (Figure 2)
Figure 2 – Article 06-23-6
This condition may be due to the exterior trim molding around the outside of the back glass rubbing against the paint of the vehicle.
- Using a plastic wedge, lift the lip of the exterior trim molding.
- Apply a small amount of Krytox grease (164-R4906) from the Rotunda Squeak and Rattle Kit (164-R4900) or similar long-lasting water-resistant grease, with a plastic spatula, squeegee or other tool.
- Check visible surfaces for any excess grease, and wipe off.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|4L3Z-15422A36-AB||Upper Window Run|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
|062306A||2004-2007 F-150, 2006-2007 Mark LT With Power Sliding Rear Window: Install Felt Tape Into The Upper Run Channel||0.6 Hr.|
|062306B||2004-2007 F-150, 2006-2007 Mark LT With Power Sliding Rear Window: Apply Krytox Grease Under The Lip Of The Exterior Trim Molding||0.6 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by “do-it-yourselfers”. Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article. The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates. The most recent information is available through Ford Motor Company’s on-line technical resources.
Copyright © 2006 Ford Motor Company