Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: October 13, 2010|
|2010 Fusion, Mustang, Taurus|
2009 E-150, E-250, E-350, Edge, Escape, Expedition, Explorer Sport Trac, Explorer, F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, Flex
2010 E-150, E-250, E-350, Edge, Escape, Expedition, Explorer Sport Trac, Explorer, F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, Flex
2010 MKS, MKZ
2009 MKX, Navigator
2010 MKT, MKX, Navigator
2009 Mariner, Mountaineer
2010 Mariner, Mountaineer
This article supersedes TSB 10-6-3 to add a production build date, update the vehicle lines and Service Procedure.
Some 2009-2010 vehicles equipped with Sirius Radio and Navigation, built on or before 3/8/2010, may exhibit a repeat traffic incident warning every 2 minutes in some areas, VIN number displayed in the Navigation system does not match the vehicle, Jukebox cannot delete or shuffle songs, and the MKZ (without THX) speakers fade incorrectly.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
|NOTE:||ATTEMPTING THIS UPDATE ON A VEHICLE THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE IT WILL DAMAGE THE AUDIO CONTROL MODULE (ACM).|
- Confirm vehicle build date:
- If build date is on or after 3/8/2010, do not continue with this article. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 415-00, for normal diagnostics.
- If build date is on or before 3/7/2010, proceed to Step 2.
- Check the navigation system software level. Press the information (i) button, select System Info tab, and check the last line for the software level (e.g. SW: B1UXXXX):
- If software level is one of the following: B1U32025, B1U52011, or B1U62015, proceed to Step 3.
- If 2009 Lincoln MKS with navigation system and software level B1U32025, contact Helm Inc at 1-800-782-4356 for a new kit. Kit can be identified by the included DVD, FCS-21099DVD2. After kit is received, proceed to Step 3.
- If software level is not B1U32025, B1U42015, B1U52011, or B1U62015, do not continue with this article. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 415-00, for normal diagnostics.
- Perform software update:
- Locate update kit, FCS-21099-KIT. Kits were originally shipped to dealerships mid-March 2010. Kit (FCS-21099-KIT) includes one (1) CD (FCS-21099-CD), one (1) DVD (FCS-21099-DVD or FCS-21099DVD2) and one (1) Instruction Sheet (FCS-21099-INS). If a new kit is needed, contact Helm Inc. at 1-800-782-4356.
- Update the Navigation system using FCS-21099-KIT.
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|102011A||Update The Navigation System.||0.3 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by “do-it-yourselfers”. Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article. The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates. The most recent information is available through Ford Motor Company's on-line technical resources.
Copyright © 2010 Ford Motor Company