Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: February 10, 2012|
|2011-2012 F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550|
Some 2011-2012 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with 4X4 and built on or before 2/6/2012 may exhibit a 4X4 not engaging, not staying engaged and/or unlocking in extreme cold temperatures below -18 degrees Celsius or 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
This may be caused by a loss of vacuum between the front hub lock assembly and the front axle shaft seal assembly or the transfer case control module (TCCM) hardware.
- Check the vehicle build date, refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 100-01.
- If the vehicle was built on or before 4/11/2011 replace the TCCM. Refer to WSM, Section 308-07A. Proceed to Step 2.
- If the vehicle is built between 4/11/2011 and 2/6/2012, proceed to Step 2.
- If the vehicle is built after 2/6/2012 this article does not apply. Refer to WSM, Section 308-07A for normal diagnostics.
- Replace both front axle shaft seals. Refer to WSM, Section 205-03.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|5C3Z-1K106-AB||Front Axle Hub Seal Kit (2 req)|
|5C3Z-3K050-AA||Axle Shaft Snap Ring (2 req)|
|5C3Z-4A322-AA||Hub Assembly O-ring (2 req)|
|5C3Z-3254-A||Front Knuckle Seal (2 req)|
|BC3Z-7E453-AG||Module – With Electronic Shift-On-The Fly (ESOF) With Electronic Locking Differential (ELD)|
|BC3Z-7E453-CG||Module – Without ESOF Without ELD|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|120205A||2011-2012 F-Super Duty 4X4 SRW: Replace Both Front Axle Shaft Seals (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||2.2 Hrs.|
|120205B||2011-2012 F-Super Duty 4X4 SRW: Replace The TCCM, And Both Front Axle Shaft Seals (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||2.4 Hrs.|
|120205C||2011-2012 F-Super Duty 4X4 DRW: Replace Both Front Axle Shaft Seals (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||2.8 Hrs.|
|120205D||2011-2012 F-Super Duty 4X4 DRW: Replace The TCCM, And Both Front Axle Shaft Seals (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||3.0 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|