Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: July 8, 2011|
Some 2011 F-150 vehicles equipped with a 5.0L engine built on or before 4/1/2011 may exhibit a illuminated MIL with DTC P2195, P2197, P2626, P2629, P219A or P219B.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Install Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) and identify the vehicle.
- Check for powertrain control module (PCM) DTCs. Is DTC P2195, P2197, P2626, or P2629, P219A, or P219B present?
- If more than one DTC listed above is retrieved, discontinue with this procedure and follow normal Workshop Manual (WSM) and Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) diagnostics.
- If only one code is present, either P2195, P2197, P2626, P2629, P219A or P219B, proceed to Step 3.
- Replace the affected heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) as indicated by the DTC observed. Refer to WSM, Section 303-14 for Removal and Installation details.
- Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 73.01 or higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.3 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
NOTE: PLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE’S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION’S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|8F9Z-9F472-G||UEGO Sensor (LH)|
|8F9Z-9F472-H||UEGO Sensor (RH)|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|110712A||2011 F-150 5.0L: Replace The Right HO2S, Includes Time To Check DTCs And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.7 Hr.|
|110712B||2011 F-150 5.0L: Replace The Left HO2S, Includes Time To Check DTCs And Reprogram The PCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.6 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by “do-it-yourselfers”. Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a Ford or Lincoln dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article. The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates. The most recent information is available through Ford Motor Company’s on-line technical resources.
Copyright Â© 2011 Ford Motor Company