Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: OCTOBER 22, 2001|
|1998-1999 EXPEDITION, F-150, F-250 LD|
This article is being republished in its entirety to update the Service Procedure, Service Parts and the model years involved.
In rare instances, throttle sticking may occur on a few vehicles in very cold ambient temperatures after operating at steady speed or extended idle for a period of time. This may be due to ice build-up from moisture in the Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) gas on the throttle plate or throttle body.
Verify the condition is not caused by throttle body sludging, throttle cable binding, or interference between an improperly positioned floor mat and accelerator pedal. If no other conditions are identified, check for evidence of PCV system backflow. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
Inspect the inside of the clean air tube at the PCV closure hose connection for presence of moisture, oil, or oily stains. If evidence of PCV system backflow is found, replace the PCV system with the revised PCV service parts, PCV valve YC2Z-6K773-AA, and hose, YL3Z-8A505-BA.
To Install The Heated PCV Valve, Use The Following Procedure:
- Partially drain off enough coolant into a clean, suitable container to allow hose disassembly at the top of the engine, approximately 3.8L – 7.5L (1-2 gallons) and save coolant.
- Remove the PCV valve by disconnecting the vent hose and removing the valve from the valve cover grommet. Ensure the area is clean to prevent dirt entry into engine.
- Install the new, heated PCV valve in the valve cover grommet.
- Disconnect the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor coolant supply hose from the throttle body (Figure 1).
- Reconnect the ECT Sensor coolant supply hose to PCV valve heated fitting (use nipple that points nearly horizontal, Figure 2).
- Install and connect the new hose from the heated PCV valve fitting (points nearly upward, Figure 2) to the throttle body fitting where the ECT Sensor coolant supply hose was disconnected.
- Refill the system with the drained off coolant, bleed system, and check level.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|YC2Z-6K773-AA||PCV Valve Assembly|
|YL3Z-8A505-BA||PCV Hose Assembly (Includes Clamps)|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
|012112A||Inspect And Replace PCV System With Updated Parts||0.6 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
401000, 607400, 607500, 607600, 607700, 608400, 608500, 608600, 609400, 609500, 609600, 610500, 610600, 610700, 611000, 611500, 612000, 612500, 612600, 614500, 614600, 617400, 619400
Figure 1 – Article 01-21-12
Figure 2 – Article 01-21-12