Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: June 18, 2013|
This article supersedes TSB 13-5-19 to update the Service Procedure.
Some 2012 F-Super Duty Chassis Cab F-350 vehicles equipped with a 6.7L diesel engine may exhibit an illuminated MIL and DTC P207F with or without DTC P204F. This condition may be most common with vehicles operated in low-speed driving conditions and/or when operated in stationary idle mode for extended periods of time preventing the vehicle from fully completing the exhaust regeneration process.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Using an Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) or equivalent, check for DTCs. Is DTC P207F present with or without DTC P204F and no other DTCs?
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) Manual for normal diagnostics.
- Yes – proceed to Step 2.
- Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 85.01 and higher. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
- Is the vehicle in a forced idle mode after reprogramming?
- No – repair is complete.
- Yes – the vehicle is in forced idle mode after the calibration has successfully updated. Perform the following procedure to return the vehicle to normal operation.
- Start the engine.
- Keep the vehicle in Park.
- Increase the engine RPM to 1,800.
- Using the IDS scan tool and monitor PIDs EGT_11, EGT_12, EGT_13 and EGT_14.
- Once all 4 EGT PIDs display 110° Celsius (230° Fahrenheit) or greater, return the engine RPM to idle.
- Allow the vehicle to idle for 10 minutes.
NOTE: PLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE'S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION'S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|130619A||2012 F-Super Duty F-350 6.7L Chassis Cab: Check DTCs And Reprogram The PCM Includes Time To Clear Codes (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.6 Hr.|
|130619B||2012 F-Super Duty F-350 6.7L Chassis Cab: Check DTCs And Reprogram The PCM Includes Time To Remove The Vehicle From Forced Idle Mode And Clear Codes (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.9 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|