Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: October 3, 2013|
|2011-2012 F-250, F-350, F-450|
Some 2011-2012 F-Super Duty 250-450 pickup trucks equipped with a 6.7L diesel engine may exhibit a buzzing noise from under the hood while the engine is running and/or for up to thirty (30) seconds after the engine is shut off. This concern may be due to the wastegate control valve vacuum harness causing the wastegate control valve to resonate.
Follow the Service Procedure Steps to correct the condition.
- Does the wastegate control valve emit a buzzing noise while the engine is running and/or for up to thirty (30) seconds after engine is shut off?
- No – this article does not apply.
- Yes – proceed to Step 2.
- With the buzzing noise present, disconnect the vacuum hoses from the wastegate control valve. Does the buzzing noise stop?
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual for normal diagnostics.
- Yes – proceed to Step 3.
- Replace the wastegate control valve vacuum harness.
- Remove the throttle body. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-12.
- Remove the air cleaner outlet pipe. Refer to WSM 303-12.
- Remove three wire harness retainers and position aside engine wire harness. (Figures 1 and 2)
Figure 1 – Article 13-10-7
Figure 2 – Article 13-10-7
- Disconnect vacuum harness and remove.
- Reverse procedure for installation.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|131007A||2011-2012 F-Super Duty 250-450 6.7L: Diagnose And Replace The Wastegate Control Valve Vacuum Harness (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||1.1 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|