Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: FEBRUARY 16, 1998|
|1992-1996 BRONCO, F-150, F-250 LD|
1992-1997 F-250 HD, F-350
This TSB article is being republished in its entirety to include 1992-96 Bronco.
Defroster performance can be enhanced by reducing air leakage between the defroster nozzle and the dash panel seal.
Install a Defroster Nozzle Seal Kit. The seal kit should reduce the amount of lost air flow and enhance defroster performance. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
- Remove the instrument panel cover as outlined in the appropriate Service Manual.
- Install the defroster seals as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1 – Article 98-3-18
- Reinstall the instrument panel cover.
- Verify proper operation of the Fresh/Recirc door following the procedures outlined in the appropriate Service Manual.
- Verify proper A/C refrigerant system operation following procedures outlined in the appropriate Service Manual.
- Verify no plugged A/C condensate drain tube or excessive moisture inside of the vehicle.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|F6TZ-18C367-CA||Defroster Nozzle Seal Kit|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
|980318A||Install Defroster Nozzle Seal Kit||2.2 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
208000, 208300, 208999