Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: OCTOBER 21, 1996|
The windshield washer hose may be too short and/or may get trapped by the hood.
Relocate the washer hose to reduce the possibility of it getting trapped by the hood and to resolve the appearance issue caused by the short hose. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
- Remove the washer reservoir hose from the washer jet “tee” located on the underside of the hood.
- Remove the hose retaining clip and hose from the hood and retain for later use.
- Cut 415mm (16.35″) of the washer hose from the washer jet “tee” end. Refer to Figure 1.
Figure 1 – Article 96-22-10
- Install a union to the end of the washer reservoir hose and add 555mm (21.90″) of new washer reservoir hose to the union. Refer to Figure 2.
Figure 2 – Article 96-22-10
- Install a 90 degree elbow at the washer jet “tee” and connect the end of the new washer hose to it. The elbow should face to the front of the vehicle. Refer to Figure 2.
- Drill a 6.5mm (0.25″) hole in the plastic cowl. The hole should be located 12.57mm (0.50″) from the left side and 24.72mm (1.00″) from the top. Refer to Figure 2.
CAUTION: USE CAUTION NOT TO DRILL THROUGH THE ELECTRICAL HARNESS LOCATED BEHIND THE PLASTIC COWL.
- Install the hose retaining clip that was removed in Step 2 on the washer hose between the 90 degree elbow and the stud clip. The retaining clip should be located 375mm (14.78″) from the 90 degree elbow. Install the retaining clip into the plastic cowl. Refer to Figure 2.
NOTE: VERIFY THE HOSE FOLDS INTO THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT AND NOT THE HOOD SEAM WHEN THE HOOD IS CLOSED. IF IT FOLDS INTO THE HOOD SEAM, REMOVE THE COWL CLIP AND ROTATE THE CLIP ONCE ALONG THE AXIS OF THE HOSE AND REATTACH. IF THE CONDITION WORSENS, REMOVE THE CLIP AND ROTATE THE CLIP IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. THIS PROCEDURE IS USED TO CONTROL THE DIRECTION OF THE FOLDING OF THE HOSE.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|387980-S||90 Degree Tee|
|F75Z-17543-AA||Windshield Washer Hose – 555mm (Cut From Bulk Hose As Required)|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
|962210A||Modify Washer Hose||0.3 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|